Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Year I Was Born

In the year I was born all of these things happened;
  • The space shuttle,Challenger, disintergrates after launch.
  • The 58th Academy Awards are held in Los Angeles, California with Out Of Africa winning Best Picture.
  • Roger Clemens set the record for the most strikeouts in a nine inning MLB game, striking out 20 batters.
  • Donna Reed died in this year.
  • "Walk Like An Egyptian" by the Bangles was a hit song.
  • The woman’s work suit was one of the most significant pieces of designer clothing during this time. Shoulder Pads all the way.
  • The president was Ronald Reagan.

What everything cost;

  • Bread: $0.56/loaf
  • Milk: $1.92/gal
  • Eggs: $1.21/doz
  • Gas: $0.76/gal
  • Stamp: $0.22/ea

I think telling you the President at the time and the info about the Challenger gives it away, but what year was I born in? Don't google, cheaters.

18 comments:

Heather said...

I think this was in 1986 because I was in the 6th grade and we were watching it on tv. Although I think Reagan was elected when I was in 1st grade, 1980. We had a mock election and I remember "voting" for him. I didn't know all the other stuff though. Interesting post.

Anonymous said...

Alright...I think I was in 2nd grade when the Challenger thing happened. So that had to make it (oh LORDY, the math!) 85 or 86.

I feel old now.

Anonymous said...

You are so young - I despise you!!!!

Badass Geek said...

I'm going to wager 1984 or 1985... I'm pretty sure its 1985, though.

Julie H said...

I was in 6th grade too lol so it's either 85 or 86 and I feel old now thanks!

Thanks for visiting my blog :O)

sj said...

holy crap. 1986 (i recall the challenger blowing up when i was in 3rd grade, and i believe it was january.)

and i remember all this crap like i'm my mother.

i suddenly feel so old...

Meg said...

I was born in 1986! I'm sorry I make everyone feel old. I didn't really have a choice in the year my parents got it on to have me.

Angie said...

1986 and I only know that because I spotted it on your blog label. I'm a child of the 80s too...yay, 80s! I don't remember the Challenger but I, like heather, remember having a mock election and voting for Reagan because I knew that's who my parents were voting for. I was a follower.
Cool post idea!

Katie said...

Ouch! Feeling older now! Older by the minute.

Hey is it your birthday or something??

If so Happy day! If not Happy day anyway!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Anonymous said...

way to make a girl feel old!! LOL

Heather said...

Welcome to the SITStahood!!

Meg said...

I totally forgot I put the year in one of my labels. I'm such a blonde.

Angela said...

now i feel old....

Unknown said...

1986 - the Challenger was the giveaway for me. ;)

Thanks for the well wishes, and for stopping by my blog. Hope you're having a great week! =)

CONNIE said...

1986? Now that really makes me OLD!

Have a great day, Meg!

Bee said...

I am thinking I was about 10 when the Challenger exploded and Reagan was President. Wow. I'm getting old. So are you like 23?

Lump said...

I was born just a few months before Raegan took office. ;)

-Bridget said...

Oh, I feel old.