Saturday, August 9, 2008

Exploring For Junk

Even though I am dying from my cold I dragged myself out of bed this morning. I've been wanting to go yard saling for a few weekends now. I printed out directions to all the ones close by. I stop at Dunkin Donuts for my medium ice extra extra and 4 chocolate munchkins. Now me and Gage were ready to go cover some ground. The first set of directions led us not too far from the house. We get there and saw a trailor home with a bunch of rhode island hicks standing out front. So I said "No way in H-E-double hockey sticks are we stopping here, Gage.".

I turned the Boo(Malibu) around and decided I was not feeling up to yard saling anymore. I went in the direction of Wickford. I decided I wanted to go in the antique store. Yes, Gage is with me. Yes, I am crazy enough to go in an antique store with lots of old breakable things with him. It wasn't that bad. He was a very good boy. We even scored a cute little chickie mug. It was too cute to leave behind in that store. It was $3.50.



On the way home from Wickford I saw a yard sale sign on the the way to my house. It was in a nice area so I figured I would be safe from trailor park hicks. I was right! It was a 2 family yard sale and I bought a few things.



Tommy Hilfiger purse for $2!



Little glass bottles for 25 cent each!



And last but not the least(actually it was!) Kermit the Frog(or as Gage says "Frogg-o") for free! The lady thought Gage was cute and said he could have him.

I'm come glad I drug myself out of bed because today didn't turn out that bad. All in all I guess you can say Mama is a happy camper.

7 comments:

CONNIE said...

I hope your feeling much better soon. Mine is all gone but I still feel achy.

Great finds, Meg! I haven't been to any yard sales this year. The TH bag is cute and the price was great. Don't you just love a bargain? Your little boy scored cute stuff, too.

Take it easy.

Anonymous said...

You scored big time! Nice purse, and I absolutely love Kermit!

Feel better - martini stuff on its way!

Teachinfourth said...

Heading out to yard sales can sure be a lot of fun, after all you'll never know just what you'll find.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Bee said...

You found some deals! I love the glass bottles and cup:)

Bee said...

Oh yeah! I forgot the most important part.I hope you get to feeling better soon:)

Practically Joe said...

So ... you're out shopping. I guess the chicken soup helped.

Lump said...

great finds!! love the glass bottles.

I have been trying to get some friends to go yard saling with me, but it's hard to get them out of bed! I'm a morning person and they're not. :(