Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Homeless

I am back.

I can actually say I am glad to be back in RI. When I use to visit TN I would miss "home" when I came back here. This time is different. Clarksville no longer felt like home. It has changed so much in the last year and all together in the 2 years since I moved away. It doesn't feel like the same place. I was trying to give directions to the house I grew up in and I couldn't do it! There are so many new buildings, streets, and neighborhoods and I had no clue what they were called.

Does RI feel like "home" to me? No, not at all.

I am homeless for the time being.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely know how you feel. Growing up the child of a career military man, no place was really ever home to me.

It's a strange feeling.

A friend of mine told me that instead of viewing this as something negative, I should feel like a belog everywhere vs. nowhere. Hmmmmm.

Whitney said...

Welcome home!

Meg said...

I don't feel like I belong everywhere. The places that I lived were like extended vacations.

sj said...

would that be "clarksville" as in "last train to"?

Meg said...

yes, it would be, sj. Our train station even has a plaque about it. That song is a protest to the Vietnam War. Fort Campbell(huge army base) is right beside Clarksville.

Bee said...

I understand how you feel to. I am in limbo too. One day I'll feel like where I'm at is home.

We missed you!!

Teachinfourth said...

Glad you're finally back...missed you for awhile there!