Friday, August 22, 2008

I Need Eye Candy

Football season is about to begin. It is almost time for chili and warm sweaters. I'm a little sad because I love baseball(and summer!). I don't want to see it end. Granted, I don't think baseball season ACTUALLY ends until maybe October. In this house though it pretty much ends as soon as football season starts. We still occasionally catch a baseball game if the Red Sox are still doing good at this point. However,I feel like the remote is ripped away from me and every day/night there is a game because that is what I'm going to be watching. Don't get me wrong I LOVE football. I can actually really get into any sport at all just don't ask me play them. I can't play sports but I sure love to watch them.

I think my problem with football is there is not enough eye candy for me. No, I'm serious. I need something pretty to look at or I can't thoroughly enjoy the sport.
I know that they walk around in their tight little pants and what not but there is not a single player that I love to just stare at. In baseball I love to stare at Jacoby Ellsbury. I could stare at him all day long. He is a hottie. In this house we don't even watch baseball games unless the Red Sox are playing so it works out for me seeing as Jacoby Ellsbury plays for the Red Sox.



Now that football season is approaching I know that my Ellsbury days are limited and I will be left with nothing but sweaty football players. Most people probably wouldn't find this to be a problem. They could just look at their TV screen when a game is on and be like "oh, he is cute!". I can't do that. It has to be a player on the New England Patriots or I will be deemed a traitor in this house. That is just how the rules go when you live in a New England state. I never knew this being a Southerner and all. I learned fast.

I know I can jump on the whole Tom Brady bandwagon but, really, I think its a little over done. He is a hottie but he knows it. That is what bugs me. I don't want my eye candy football man to be cocky. Plus, a million other fans think he is a hottie. It just doesn't work for me. Ok, ok. I know a lot of women love Ellsbury but I think I was his first fan. I'm going to keep telling myself that, too. So, hush.



Anyway, my mission before football season starts is to find a Patriots player that is good looking and I can lust over for the rest of the year and then some. If you know of any, please, hook a sista up.

8 comments:

Badass Geek said...

I'm not going to suggest any good-looking Patriots to drool over. I just wanted to say that I'm glad you realized that to live in New England, you HAVE to be a Red Sox or a Patriots fan.

CONNIE said...

Please be warned... my fav baseball player is A Rod. Oh, pls don't hate me! Yeah, he's your typical tall, dark and handsome. BF who is a big Red Sox fan knows that and he just rolls his eyes.

Brady is cute too!
Have a great day, Meg!

Anonymous said...

I am not a football fan and only know of Tom Brady because of his association with the ex of my other love, Leonardo DiCaprio. But I understand the whole eye candy thing and them not being cocky about it. Nothing worse than a good looking man who thinks he is God's gift.

Meg said...

oh connie! A Rod? You got to be kidding me?

MereinSC said...

oh i love baseball also and the red sox... i'm actually wearing a papelbon shirt right now!! i agree that jacoby ellsbury is a cutie pie!!

i don't know about any cute patriots but i watch a special on the cowboys and one of their rookies is danny amendola... he's pretty hot!

sj said...

i have a totally goofy crush on mike lowell. not that attractive (as ellsbury), but he just looks like he'd be able to fix things. wearing a flannel shirt and jeans and a tool belt and then maybe go for a walk with me to a lake and...

wait. where was i going.

i have unusually odd taste in men, so i'm afraid i'm not going to be any help. sorry!

Ronnica said...

When I was much younger, me and my friends enjoyed going to baseball games for that reason. Of course, these baseball games were played by boys our age at the time.

Anonymous said...

http://images.google.com/images?q=Tedy+Bruschi&ndsp=21&um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N&imgsz=xxlarge

http://images.google.com/images?ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&q=Matt+Cassel&um=1&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&resnum=1&ct=title

http://images.google.com/images?q=Kevin%20O%27Connell%20patriots&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi

those are the best I can do for you - but anything to make a fellow Patriots fan happy, and I'm willing to try. I didn't realize how long it's been since I've watched a game though because I was all like, "What happened to Vinatieri?"

http://images.google.com/images?q=Adam%20Vinatieri&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi