Tuesday, August 26, 2008

True Mom Confessions

True Mom Confessions

1.Most of the time I dread going to work but there are some days that I cannot wait until 4:45 to come so I can dash out the door for 4 hours. I love Gage with all my heart but some days he can just give me the biggest headache ever.

2.I pretty much take a nap everyday when Gage does. After I wake up I feel like a horrible SAHM because I know I should have been doing something a little more productive then sleeping. I must say that I am a little cranky without naps especially on days that I have to go to work.

3.I totally lied when I said I loved everything about Gage. I do not love his stinky poops. I love his cute little diaper bottom but I really can't wait until he can wipe his own tush. I have a long way to go.

4.I really really hate when Gage sleeps with me and Adam. Adam doesn't seem to mind. I can't sleep at all when he is in bed with us. I'm worrying about Adam rolling on him or him rolling off the bed. I'm usually also being kicked in the face by tiny toes and all the covers somehow end up only on them two.

5.I use Gage as an excuse if I don't want to do something. Work? Sorry, Gage is sick. Friends? Sorry, Gage is teething. Family outings? Gage NEEdS to take his nap. Its pretty bad and its all going to end one day when he knows whats up.

6.I'm going to miss when Gage isn't my baby. I don't want him to grow up because I don't think I will get to have anymore children.

7.I really don't mind watching the cartoons in the morning with Gage. I love Handy Manny, My Friends Tigger&Pooh, Sesame Street, Yo Gabba Gabba, Doodlepops, etc. I think I am just as entertained as he is.

8.Sometimes I get sad when I'm at work because I'm jealous that Adam is with Gage and I might miss something new.

9.Gage gives me an excuse to go shopping. I'm a shopaholic. When I feel the need to go shopping I can just buy something for Gage and I won't even feel guilty about it. Hey, Gage needs it(ok, he doesn't usually).

10.Sometimes I wish Gage was installed with a mute button. I know that sounds horrible but sometimes I just can't take all the whining.

15 comments:

Practically Joe said...

What the heck did you do before Gage?

Anonymous said...

I have a total crush on Handy Manny -- I love watching it, although my kids don't want too much of it anymore.

I can't stand the Doodlebops though. Or the damn Wiggles.

Meg said...

Joe: I don't think I was as lazy before I had Gage. I still watched cartoons on the DL.

Badass Geek said...

These things are the same for many parents, I'm sure.

MereinSC said...

oh... i love the fact that you absolutely adore your son!!! it is so precious!!

i could never sleep in the bed with a baby or toddler either. i'd be afraid to roll over them!

Whitney said...

Aw, kids - the beauty and the reality of them. It's a tough combo, but one that can't be beat!

Whitney said...

Aw, kids - the beauty and the reality of them. It's a tough combo, but one that can't be beat!

Angie said...

You are right on with all of these...so funny! Good for you for taking naps when you can. I believe the world would be a happier place if everyone got a nap.

Michelle said...

Hahahahah, I love it! Take solice in knowing you are not alone with your confessions - somedays I feel the exact same way about Landon!

CONNIE said...

I don't have a kid of my own but does JOE count?

I'm a napper, too!

Thanks by the way, for your sweet comments. We really appreciate them, Meg!

Anonymous said...

I love your honesty!!! This post made me laugh - thanks!

Lump said...

I don't have a child and I still require naps! ;) Naps are essential. Everyone should take one.

and having a child does not mean you're lazy! that's HARD WORK!

Anonymous said...

2. I wish I napped, though I do use that time for blogging personally, so I guess I'm ok with not napping, though I am oh so tired and usually cranky. But I cannot nap. I'm incapable of doing it.

3. Nobody loves Poop - I'm curious - how old is Gage? My son's 2 1/2.

4. We used a co-sleeper during the baby days and that worked well, but for us it was the opposite - DH would no have him being in the same bed for fear of rolling over. I was more okay, but happy to have a reason not to do it.

5. Um, ditto. Nuff said.

6. I totally plan to have more kids but still don't want my son getting older.

7. Sometimes I love watching kids shows but PBS is the only show that has kids shows on the morning that we get, and there are SO many reruns. So after about a year, it got old...

9. I, too, am a shopaholic. I secretly love needing diapers or groceries because then I can shop and not feel guilty. I also sometimes grab little gifts for my son, but right now we're on semi-shopping lock down so I can't do that as much...

10. I think most moms would kill for a mute button.

Anonymous said...

lol!!! You said out loud what all the moms in the world are thinking in their head. I would definitely kill for a mute button! I need 2 for right now, one for my 13 month old and 1 for my 7 year old. Oh and yes, I feel bad often for using my son as an excuse to get out of things!!!

Tânia Pinto said...

You haven't found you mute button yet? I did it last month... "noddy saves the christmas" dvd...And I do watch it with him... and i almost know all the caracters lines... :)