Monday, August 25, 2008

Neti Pot Fun

Have you guys used or heard of the Neti Pot? The Neti Pot washes out your sinuses. It looks like a tiny tea pot and it pours salt water through your nose.I saw this on an episode of Oprah and I knew I had to try one. We had ladies night on Saturday so we went ahead and tested it out. The ladies wouldn't let me take pictures because you look absolutely ridiculous doing it. Here is what I'm talking about if you didn't click the link above.


I didn't like the Neti Pot at all. I felt like I was drowning. The water was in the back of my throat and I kept forgetting to breathe. I can't even tell you if it worked because I'm so retarded at Neti Pot I couldn't even get a drip going.

Even though I wasn't successful, Neti Pot did provide tons&tons of laughter. That alone is enough to make&watch everyone use one.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks awful! My doctor showed me a better method - inhale the saline through your nose and spit it out from your mouth. Equally as disgusting but at least there is no silly teapot to make you look even worse!

sj said...

eww.

that's all i have to say about that.

(ps - i think you're drowning reflex is right on the money. i'm pretty sure you're not designed to inhale water.)

Badass Geek said...

There is absolutely no way I would ever use a Neti Pot. I don't like the idea of hydrating my sinus cavities doesn't appeal to me.

Rhea said...

My husband uses this! Regularly! I can't bring myself to try it. Yet. lol

Michelle said...

Hahah, I seen that Opera episode. I like the new blog design.

MereinSC said...

sounds very unpleasant to me!!! i think i would probably choke myself!

-Bridget said...

Oh, I hate these things. I'm a total wimp when it comes to my nose. I'd rather die a slow death than try one of these again.

EmmaP said...

this looks hilarious! btw, thanks for stopping by my blog. I did a little browsing around yours today - and you're right! I think we do have some things in common. I loved your "eye candy" post! When the bees here in SLC play, often times I get 2nd or 3rd row seats (free thru work) and i get to sit right behind where the batter on-deck practices his swing. But mostly, I enjoy it cuz a lot of them will do stretch there...and they bend over to touch their toes - hahaha. I always shout out "thank you!" embarrasses my kids! hahaha.

nice 3 column layout - I'll be back to check out a new background soon...

Megan said...

That looks so gross. But I am sure that is what people think when I talked about the Diva Cup on my blog!! I wish you could post the pictures! haha

Practically Joe said...

You remind me of my wife the other night investigating "Coning" ... www.coningworks.com
Me: So what do you do with thst long cone thingy?
Her: Stick it in your ear.
Me: Now that's uncalled for.

Meg said...

Thats hilarious, Joe! Me and my friends were talking about coning while we were trying this out!

Jennifer said...

LOL that just looks awful :-)

jennifer
the dirty shirt