Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Happy Thoughts

"Think of all the beauty that's still left in and around you, and be happy." - Anne Frank

A list of things that make my heart happy;
  • Cuddling with Gage
  • Hearing Gage laugh
  • Being in the arms of Adam
  • Crawling into a bed with freshly washed sheets
  • A piece of cheesecake
  • Being able to turn on a song and know all the words
  • Losing myself in a book
  • Daisies
  • Sitting by a firepit with my friends
  • Completing a crafty project

This list could be doubled, maybe even tripled, in no time. I like lists of 10, though. So, that is what you all will usually get out of me.

Speaking of Gage laughing I stumbled upon a video of one of the first time he laughed. I wanted to show my mom and other friends from back home. Please, ignore my messy house and my really annoying baby talk voice!




I love watching this video. I remember this like it was yesterday. Now my little man isn't so little anymore. He is almost 16 months. Before I know he is going to be a big boy doing all kinds of big boy stuff.

7 comments:

Lola said...

Boy, you really had to work for that laugh! He's very cute. I love baby laughs so much that I'll crack up when I hear some random baby in a store laughing.

I remember calling my husband at work and making him listen the first time my son cracked up, and we've got it recorded in one of those picture frames that you can play over and over. My son loves to listen to his picture laughing to this day, and he's seven.

Pleasant Living said...

Way to go, you, for making a list of things that make you happy. Too often, we just dwell on the things that irritate or devastate us. Do those things a lot!

Angie said...

I like lists of ten as well and I LOVE fresh sheets on the bed, especially if they were line-dried and smell like the great outdoors.

Your little guy is so, so cute! I know what you mean about your annoying baby-voice. I hate my own voice on videos. I wish I could find an editing program that would let you take it out!

Love your blog and thanks for stopping by mine :)

MereinSC said...

haha, too precious!!! i love babies' laughs!!!

Megan said...

I don't have sound on my computer at work but I will check back when I get home to watch the video. I like your list i'm with you on almost all of those!

Bee said...

It is so obvious you are head over heels in love with your little man. What a good mama you are:)

And I agree, fresh sheets are the best!

Badass Geek said...

Messy house? Clearly you haven't been to my house, then.