Thursday, July 17, 2008

Tree Down

Last night we went over to friends house to eat dinner&have some drinks. Around 11pm we called it a night. We packed the little man up who was sleeping in his pack-n-play. The friends happen to live in the same neighborhood as we do and as we were approaching the beginning of the 'hood ,where we live, we drove straight into the flashing lights of the State Police. We pulled into our driveway and Adam walked over to see what was up. I, of course, followed because I am way too nosey not to know whats going on. Much to our amazement we found(or rather the State Police) found a tree had fallen into the road.


See the rock wall? Tree not ours.

So here it is 11pm and we have a fallen tree. Technically, the tree is NOT on our property. Our property stops at a rock wall. The tree was on the other side of the rock wall, which the town owns. Of course, when something bad happens(like a tree down at 11pm) the town says its our property and our problem. But when the town wants to do something to the side of the road then its their property. So instead of going through all that Adam took out an ax and started axing away at it. Some cool kids drove by and stopped to help move bigger pieces. I was just standing there with little man&the dog. Anyway, about 30 minutes later there was nothing touching the road and we called it a night.

On another note I went and changed my blog name&url. No reason other than I rushed to think of a name while making it and I like this name better.

What is Queens Fort? "The Queen’s Fort is located deep in the woods in Exeter RI and has for many years been viewed as part of the Narragansett stone fort system and associated with the King Philip Wars." In other words, Indians hid back there when they were gettin' their land taken away by us. I live across the street from it. It's really neat to take a hike back there and carve your name in a tree.

Queens Fort is back there!

8 comments:

Megan said...

Sounds like a fun night! :) See where i'm from, we probably could have left the tree in the road until morning and then drag it away with the tractor ;) Yay for being added on your page! I will add you as soon as I figure out how to get the link to work! I like the new blog name :0)

Expat No. 3699 said...

Hey there, found you through Megan at Wandering D.C. I love that you are a "pilot of carrot airplanes." Too cute.

Sorry to hear your fun night out ended as it did.

Toodles~

Megan said...

So you're now officially on my blog roll! :) I agree, tree = not your responsibility! Your husband was nice to get it out of the road though!

Michelle said...

Queens Fort sounds very cool - and even cooler that it's right near your house!

As for the beach - we started taking Gabe when he was just a baby, so he got used to it from a very early age, and same with Dante. It just takes some practice - you'll get the hang of it : )

Unknown said...

great blog! and i love the new name. thanks for entering to win my giveaway! i have one every weekend!

Whitney said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by! Love the site - and your background is TOO cute. It looks just like a cake I had made for my mom for her birthday tomorrow.

Liz Harrell said...

What an eventful night! Sorry about the tree. You do live in a gorgeous place though!

Teachinfourth said...

Holy cow! Quite the adventure though, Meg. I've fortunately never had that problem before, and hopefully never will. It would be odd, since I live in a townhouse...