Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Sleeping Is Much Better

7:32am - I am watching Fox N Friends and can you believe what commercial comes on? Stop yelling at me, OxiClean man. Its 7:30 in the morning.
--------------------
Late at night when I can't sleep or sometimes even in the middle of the day, I hear Billy Mays in the background. If that name doesn't mean anything to you then you might also know him by the Oxi Clean Guy, Kaboom Guy, or Orange Glow Guy.



He is the annoying bearded fellow on television YELLING at us to buy those products. Like I said usually when I hear this guy its 1am and there is no need for this yahoo to be yelling at me. Not only has he been yelling at me for years but I think he yelling even louder NOW! He doesn't need to yell at all. I can hear just fine, thank you.

He needs to take a lesson from Vince over at shamwow!, another annoying infomercial. Atleast Vince doesn't yell! He does ,however, wear a headset. I don't get it. Can you not get a microphone in your shirt? This joker reminds me of someone running up to you in the mall to see the demonstration. I didn't want to see it in the mall and I really don't want to see it on my TV.



While I'm on the subject here is a little note on two more infomercials why in the world would they put Turbo Jam and Power 90 on at 2am or so in the morning. I think exercising is the last thing I want to be doing at that hour. Actually, I don't even want to be thinking about exercising then. Shopping, maybe, but if I really have the urge to shop at 2am I will go to QVC and buy the Special Value of the day(which happens to be a Maxx New York Italian Patent Triple Entry Quilted Tote if you were wondering.)

16 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Hi Meg. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I do encourage you to make your list--it's so fun!

Anonymous said...

Both of those guys are annoying, but Billy Mays is top of the list. I am with you with the Shamwow guy - why the headset?

My friend Bunny got incredibly drunk the other night, went home and apparently watched a bunch of infomercials and spent hundreds of dollars. She only remembered when she woke up the next day. That is why they show infomercials at that time - for all the stupid drunk people like Bunny!

Pleasant Living said...

Though I somehow enjoy a good infomercial, I agree that these guys are not the best!

Megan said...

I really enjoy infomericals. I was just thinking about how I should blog about my addiction to QVC also. Funny that you blogged about that today, guess I will have to ramble on about something else! ;)

Badass Geek said...

I worked with a guy who looked like Billy Mays. He talked loud, too.

Maybe he has earbuds in? You know how when you're listening to music and you try talking, that you talk louder than normal so you can hear yourself? That might be an explanation.

ames said...

Haha! I was just commenting about Billy Mays the other day. Is there anyone he doesn't work for? He also does those bizarre power putty infomercials. I used to watch the Ronco food dehydrator epic infomercial a lot when I was young... can't imagine why though.

CONNIE said...

I'm not a big fan of infomercials. I am a very visual person and I like well-crafted commercials.

Like your blog's new look. It's really cute.

That Nora Girl said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and giving a few words of encouragement.

I have a little peeve with Billy Mays too. Why is he so excited? Really??

Bee said...

My husband loves Billy Mays. He believes anything he sells. We have a zillion Hercules hooks around the house, which actually do work btw:)

Meg said...

I actually like the products he sells. I swear by Oxiclean. I want to try the putty and the hooks.

Heather said...

The putty stinks. Literally, it smells BAD. And it's uses are iffy. We tried it on various things and it hasn't worked on any of them.

I totally wanted that Shamwow til my husband googled it and discovered it isn't as amazing as it sounds. And it's made out of some "weird" fabric you can't put in the dryer.

Meg said...

Damn. They look so good on TV.

Claremont First Ward said...

Hey, good point! I HATE infomurcials. And I really detest Billy May's booming voice, too.

Anonymous said...

damn :) I love your blog :)

Liz Harrell said...

I'm right there with you on this. That whole "BAM" thing, especially in the mornings is pretty darn awful.

Expat No. 3699 said...

I want to "BAM" him on the head! Actually I just hit the mute button as soon as I hear his voice.