Thursday, July 10, 2008

Makeover Day

Yesterday when Adam came home from work I headed off baby-free to get my hair did. I was just going in for a trim but I came out with much shorter hair and a few highlights. I was in a good mood so I continued my trip to the nail shop to get my nails did. A french manicure, a new hair style&three hours later I finally headed back home.
A funny story worth mentioning is what happened to me at the nail salon place. My phone was ringing and I bent down to my purse, which was sitting on the floor, to pull out my phone. The nail lady freaked out and went in my purse for me and pulled out my phone, opened it, and held it up to my ear so I could talk. She put it back in my purse, pulled out my keys, and asked if I was paying with the money that was just sitting in there. I said yes and she took it out of my purse. I think its just very strange. A women's purse is sacred. I don't anyone that would just rummage through my purse if they knew something was in there.
I think the nail lady is just pretty hardcore about not messing up the nails. Nothing wrong with that though :)
I have to admit it was much needed time to myself. Being a mom is such a balancing act. You need your time away but you don't want too much time away. Even if you did take too much time away someone might say something and make you feel horrible. If you don't take any time yourself then you get criticized that you are trying to be super mom. Its a hard world us moms live in. No mom is right&No mom is ever wrong. We just manage to beat each other up. I don't really want to get into the subject of the whole mommy wars. We will leave that for another day.
Speaking of children, my little man is still sleeping. Can you believe that? Its 10:30 in the morning! Gage did have a late night last night. He didn't go to bed until about 10:30pm. He use to be such an early bird(I'm talking like last week). This whole week so far he has gotten up fairly late in the morning. 9am, 8am, 7am, and then today --Oops I think I spoke too soon. I hear him crying.

3 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

You're right, people can be a bit too nosy or presumptuous at times. I'm a bit surprised that that gal would do such a thing.

Also, it's a common thing to feel that you need to be a 'super person.' A friend of mine said, "Are you doing better today than you were yesterday? If so, you're doing great." We just need to remember to compare ourselves with ourselves and not those around us.

Anonymous said...

I hate the whole "mommy war" concept...just had to comment on that..I think as mothers' we need to be here to lift each other up..

N said...

That's funny about the nail lady! I guess it's sort of standard procedure though...my cousins and I were out visiting our aunt and she suggested we go get manicures and pedicures. Well, she gave me a blank check to fill in, and the manager guy at the nail salon said he knew her, but he'd better call her first, because they don't usually take checks. Or something like that...maybe he thought we'd stolen the check!

Anyway, I was waiting for my nails to dry so he just took the phone out of my purse, and then asked what her number was listed under, and I'm thinking "Dude! Give me my phone!" I mean, I wouldn't want to mess up my nails, but still...sheesh! :D