Saturday, July 19, 2008

Kill Me Now

It is suppose to be HOT today. If you are in Rhode Island and it is hot, where do you go? The beach. That sounds fun, right? Wrong. Rhode Island is a tiny state with a billion people crammed in it. When it is hot EVERYONE goes to the beach. On top of being swarmed with people at the beach, Gage really likes to throw sand in his eyes. Everytime we go its traumatic. I say I am never going back but I do. I always go back. Besides the people and Gage's sand throwing there is beach traffic. I wouldn't be caught dead going South toward the beaches today unless you want to wait in hour long traffic to and from.

Please, kill me now!

4 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

I'm with you on that one, Meg. Crowds are never a thrill to deal with.

I lived in Missoui for a couple of years and the heat was AWFUL. Of course, it had perks there too.

I'll have to check out your 'happiness' site. Generally speaking, I'm a pretty happy person too, but it would be interesting to check out what it is.

Bee said...

Thanks for the comment on my post. If you haven't ran across Mabel's House on blogspot, you should check it out. The writer there is debating on what to do with her pink-tiled bath. You might get some ideas.

I like your blog. I'll be back. And my husband and I danced our first dance to Better Together by Mr. Johnson. I love me some Jack Johnson.

Tell your friend not to give up on eharmony. It takes some people a long time to meet someone. My husband used it a long time. I think it's harder for the men:)

Cristin said...

I'm in New England too.... very close to the ocean... I don't take the kids to the beach... once in a while in the evening for a stroll with the husband... but never for a day at the beach... that would be pure torture!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks for your comment over at my blog. I had to laugh when I saw that you live in RI -- we moved to the DC area from RI earlier this year. Small world!

Look forward to reading more from you!!!