Wednesday, September 10, 2008

You Never Needed To Know

6 Things you never needed nor wanted to know about me. Read them anyway.

1. If you offer me a piece of gum and I refuse don't get offended. I don't like chewing gum at all. I often forget I have a piece in my mouth and I end up swallowing it without even realizing. I don't know why but that freaks me out.

2. I have only broken one bone in my body so far. I broke my right pinky finger while bowling. It got crushed between two bowling balls. I had 8 stitches when I went in the ER. I ended up having surgery on it because I couldn't get my hand to straighten. So I got about 8 more stitches to top it all off. I have a huge scar going up and down my finger.

3. The first time Bush was running for President I made signs that said "Bush Is A Shrub" and posted them in my yard. I was only 14 at the time. My parents voted for him despite my efforts. I still really don't care for the man to this day.

4. I have weird anxiety about going to restaurants that I've never been to before. I get so freaked out my eyes blur and I can't read the menu. I have been to known to cry while attempting to order something. Adam is so used to it now he just orders for me if we go somewhere I don't know.

5. Speaking of food I use to HATE syrup. I couldn't even stand to look at the containers they came in. Just thinking about it would make my teeth hurt. I became pregnant and I couldn't get enough syrup. I still like it even if I did have to switch to the 'lite' kind.

6. If I don't write things down - like in a to-do list - I will not get anything done. I have absolutely no memory when it comes to those sorts of things. Whats really funny is I could probably tell you what you were wearing last Tuesday if I saw you.

So now that you know 6 random things about me is there anything else you want to know? Ask me some questions. They can be completely random questions or personal ones. Come on, do it!

BTW; I'm totally annoyed that this isn't a top 10 list.

22 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

What are your all-time 5 favorite songs?

I'm always on the lookout for new favorites myself...

ModernMommy said...

Okay well we have two things in common. I love the Hills, and I don't care for Bush.

Sarah said...

Bush is a Shrub...lol. Well, they have about the same brain capacity.

Unknown said...

LOL...I love the signs that you made...too funny....
the whole thing about the gum...yeah..well me too...
and that memory thing....mine isn't so much my memory why I write them down...it's so I know what I have to accomplish for the day...
Robin
http://tqmnurse.blogspot.com

Tânia Pinto said...

What's your favorite smell? :)

Badass Geek said...

I'm surprised your parents didn't congratulate you on your knowledge of synonyms.

Valerie said...

lol Bush is a shrub. I love it. I keep lists like crazy too, I suspect its my Virgo Moon that makes me do that. :)

Sarah...I think a shrub has a lot more brains!

sj said...

these are all fun! that's funny - i just did something similar...

what was your favorite toy when you were 6? and when you were 10?

Angie said...

Oh man, I laughed out loud at the picture of you at 14 putting up your "Bush is a shrub" sign...how funny!

Anonymous said...

I have no memory either. I'm not joking I came to write you a comment--forgot what I was going to write and had to go back and re-read your entry! wow...

Wendy said...

Girl, you must have had parents like mine. Eating out with them is horrible.

"Well, you just HAD to order the most expensive thing, didn't you?"

"You're ordering a hamburger at the best (Mexican, Chinese, whatever) restaurant in town???"

And to top it off - no matter WHERE we eat or how well he likes the restaurant, my dad always says that his current meal tastes like dog poo and complains loudly. I think he's just trying to get free food.

As an adult I LOVE to eat out, try new things. But not with my immediate family. They make me hyperventilate and break into hives.

Anonymous said...

Well I totally have you beat - I've never broken a single bone. :) Great list.

Anonymous said...

I too dislike going to new restaurants. Mostly because I have an allergy and we have to talk to wait staff who have no idea what we are talking about. I get very tearful in this type of situation. I'm much more at home at a local restaurant that we know and love.

ListPlanIt said...

Those are really and truly interesting things! Wow!! I have to say how much I love the fact that you are a fellow listmaker, though.

Jen
http://www.ListPlanIt.com

Ashley said...

It makes me smile when I read blogs of yours like this. And it makes me miss you so incredibly much!

Megan said...

I love that you made the sign "Bush is a Shrub" LOL. Also, about the questions, I want you to go to The Random Memorandum and answer hers for today!! :)

Jyl @ MommyGossip said...

If you could only visit one foreign country before you died, where would you go and why?

Love the Bush/Shrub comment. That was clever!

Weeksie50 said...

I love your 6 random facts. How fun..

How did you and your man meet?

Becky

Michelle said...

Questions........Hmmmmmm, OK.
Are you and Adam planning on more babies?

I am a lame question seeker. Hah.

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

I really dislike going to new restaurants too. It drives Hubby nuts that I'm not adventurous but oh well! Better than an anxiety attack right?

Cindy

Anonymous said...

I always am kinda of anxious to see what foods I dislike now I will CRAVE during pregnancy...I guess I will find out some day!

Whitney said...

AH! These crack me up! Especially the eating at a new restaurant thing! What on earth does that come from?! HAha.. you are too hilarious. I love learning more about you, lady!