Tuesday, September 16, 2008

How To Be Lazy

Adam took a personal day from work yesterday. All I thought was 'OMG HOW AM I GOING TO GET AWAY WITH BEING RIDICULOUSY LAZY!?'. Well folks, I think I mastered it. I'm going to share a few pointers with you in case your significant other surprises you with a sick day.

First think of a bunch of errands that need to be done but you have been too lazy busy to do. Tell him that its impossible to do with the baby and that you will stay home with baby. Remember to thank him! As soon as he walks out the door make sure baby is down for a nap and you jump back in bed and nap your little head off, too.
If your hunny comes strolling through the door while you are sleeping here is the best excuse for when you awake. You were going to make the bed but laid down for just one second and fell asleep. That makes it look like you are attempting to tidy up. You could probably throw in there you had a long night with the kiddo. Its usually true. Plus, if your sweetie is anything like mine he could sleep through a tornado so he never knows when the baby wakes up.

Next comes lunch. He is actually going to expect you to cook/make him something to eat. Like making one meal a day for him isn't enough! All you have to do is convince him that there isn't anything to eat except chicken nuggets that little man eats everyday for breakfast, lunch &dinner. Pop em in, watch him cook, throw some ketchup on. There you go.

So by this point you are probably starving and in need of lunch. Tell him that he messed up on the earlier errand running. He forgot something of dire importance and need. Now you have an excuse to go out and catch a lunch all by yourself - kid free! Don't forget to drive real slow and just take it all in that you don't have shoes flying at your head right now!

After enjoying your kid free lunch head home. Start some laundry. Watch some garbage on TV. I don't know. Make yourself look busy for a few more hours. Then announce 'Hey its 3:30. Personal day is over. You would be home from work by now'. Then put him to work cleaning and etc.

There you go. That was how I managed to stay lazy while Adam took a personal day.
Of course, I wouldn't take this seriously. Adam is reading over my shoulder laughing. He said I was caught red handed as soon as I pushed him out the door for errand running which I never let him do because he does indeed always forgets something.

16 comments:

Whitney said...

HILARIOUS. I will definitely keep that in mind for the future.

Anonymous said...

lmao that was terrific! :)

Rachel said...

too funny...even though you got caught! I wanna a personal day!!!

Badass Geek said...

Seems like you have this down to a science.

Tânia Pinto said...

Hey... That's my lazy day! But I do have to cook.
A girl needs a lazy day every now and then... Is as important as ice cream for breakfast!!

Michelle said...

You are funny!!! I'll have to try-out your helpful hints.

Unknown said...

Too funny! Excellent plan.

Megan said...

haha I think this was a great idea!! Too bad Adam knows you too well!!

t said...

Excellent advice!!

Jyl @ MommyGossip said...

I am soooo good at being lazy by myself, but that is a true accomplishment to stay lazy with the hubbie home. You deserve an award :).

Bee said...

What?? I'd never do something like that... Or would I? I think you've got it figured out, girlfriend. Only you forgot the bonbons.

Alison Purple said...

HIlarious! seriously. I wish I was home instead of working! Damn!

Anonymous said...

haha...that's great...I'll keep those in mind next time the hubby's home with me!

Megan said...

Did you get your package yet? I sent mine out and she got it, said she loved it. So that's good! I am excited to get mine. I am thinking someone should host one around Christmas! To get another little gift under the tree. Even though that is a time where money is usually tight, it could still be fun! What do you think?

sj said...

so fantastic! i need to figure out how to alter this when you don't have children....

Weeksie50 said...

Ha Ha- that is to funny!
I am glad you had a good day

Becky