Monday, September 15, 2008

Our Story

Smile, Its Becky asked the question "how did you and Adam meet?". Here is our story.

The year 2006 was a crazy year for me. I decided to leave my husband(I was married for 2 years) and I also met Adam, got pregnant, and moved to Rhode Island. I don't really like to talk about my marriage to Asshole. So I'm not going to. Just know that it ended bad in April of 06. Most of my friends were married including a friend named Holli. Her husband had just gotten back from Iraq in May. His friends were throwing a luau themed party. Holli invited us to come along.



That night was really fun. I danced on a truck bed, had a few keg beers, and played guitar hero. All through the night I kept looking at this guy. He looked so familiar to me but I couldn't place him at all. That was until I saw his friend, Boston. He was someone you just don't forget. He is crazy(like in a fun way). A year before this luau party I met those two in a bar called Blackhorse. It still blows my mind away that I met this guy a year before and now here is...Adam back in my life again. I don't know call me crazy but I think thats what you call fate.

I took that as a sign and from that point on in the night were inseperable. I shook my money maker on him all night. I had a great time at the luau that I didn't want it to end. So everyone decided to go IHOP for some food. Adam got my number and were texting like crazy to each other while eating. He even paid for my breakfast. What a fellow.

We finally said goodnight but our relationship didn't end there, of course. I think we saw each other every single day after that until he got out of the Army and moved back to Rhode Island. I was pretty shook up and sad because in the month that I had gotten to know Adam I just knew that he was the guy for me. We talked on the phone quite a bit when he moved away. After not seeing each other for a month Adam hopped out on a plane to see me. We stayed at the River View Inn in Clarksville, TN. He was only there for 3 days and by the end of the short trip we both decided that I would be moving to Rhode Island very soon.

About 3 weeks went by since I had seen Adam. My heart hurt and I didn't think I would be moving out there or even see him again. Thoughts crept in that maybe he was just a summer fling. That was until one day my best friend Ambur found out she was pregnant. I don't know why but that freaked me out because we had always had the same time of the month. So I took a pregnancy test not expecting it to be positive. I was wrong. It was very positive.


It really threw me and Adam for a loop because we had only known each other for about 2 1/2 months. I was still going through my divorce and we lived miles and miles away from each other. We knew that we could make this work because we really did love each other. So I packed my little car up with as much stuff as I could and drove from Tennessee to Rhode Island all by myself.



Christmas 07

So here we are a little over two years later. It wasn't always pretty but our love has made it through everything so far. We aren't married and we like it that way for now. I couldn't imagine not having Adam in my life. For quite some time I was really unhappy and hurting on the inside. Now I feel nothing but joy and love.

I love you, babe.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, that is absolutely crazy because it sounds eerily similar to how I met my husband - substitute the divorce for a long ugly break up from a serious boyfriend who everyone thought I was going to marry... the stories themselves, obviously are different but a lot of the main details sound exactly the same. :)

Great story!

Angie said...

What a good story. I love a happy ending. You guys are such a cute family and I wish you the best!

Rachel said...

Wow what a great story...our stories are kinda similair...we got pregnant after only knowing each other for 6 mos...here we are 9 years later and 2 kids...when you meet someone and you have that connection...you just know...and you did!!!

Tânia Pinto said...

That's so romantic... I can imagine you packing your car :)
I met my luv online... we lived 6 miles apart and we're at the same school! but it was online... :)

Tânia Pinto said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

It sounds like things turned out great for you! Such a great story!

Badass Geek said...

Thats a good story. I'm happy for you both.

Weeksie50 said...

Aw, thanks for telling your story. I love to see how people met their mates!

Becky

Megan said...

I think this is an awesome story. Some people are just made for each other, and that is you & Adam.. I had no idea you had been through so much. At least a-hole isn't in the picture anymore!!

Whitney said...

I am so happy that you are happy! Your family is just beautiful. Yay for true love!!

Sarah said...

'How we met' stories always make me go 'awww' :]

Michelle said...

Good Story. My Husband and I took our time getting married (we did the house thing, had dogs, had a baby then got married), it's not a big deal......as long as there's love and happiness!!! Thinking back, marriage really doesn't change the way you feel about one another........You just get a phat ring!!!! Hahahaah!

That Nora Girl said...

What a sweet story to read. Congratulations on your love and happiness!