Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Farewell Brady

On Sunday we were all amped up for the first Patriots game of the season. Unfortunately, the first football weekend was a very bad weekend for the Patriots. The Queens Fort Household is devastated. The New England Patriots hero, Tom Brady, got hurt in the 1st quarter of the 1st game in the season. He will be out for the rest of the season. It is all anyone is talking about over here in Pats land(kill me now, please). I thought Adam was going to cry and I bet he wasn't alone. I have a feeling many Patriot fans 'round the country felt the same way.


Everyone(media and other football teams) are saying that the Patriots season is over before it has even started. I say don't count them out. Tom Brady is an excellent QB but football is a team sport. Brady wouldn't be such a great QB if he didn't have great teammates year after year. They will pull through and everyone will realize that they can do it without that cocky little Tom Brady.

&&If you were wondering if I had made any progress on finding my eye candy among the players I have indeed. Wes Welker will be Ellsbury of the Patriots. He is number 83 and quite handsome.


Yumm. Yep, He will do just fine.

20 comments:

Babette said...

I cannot even watch the replay of that moment. My heart sank when I heard of the news today. I feel really bad for my husband who's been a lifelong Pats fan. I hope Castle will deliver just like Brady did many years ago.

Sarah said...

I'm not a Pats fan, but I think anyone could understand how it would feel to lose the QB, especially so early in the season. My condolences.

Unknown said...

sorry about your devistating news...and at the beginning of the season! i hope you will be able to survive through this rough time. if you need any help, swing by my blog, i have chocolate ;)

Ashley said...

Tom Brady was a beloved Wolverine in college. Blah, this is sad =[ He's amazing to watch play.
&& Mr. Wes is a hottie!

Rachel said...

I'm a Chargers Fan; we have Merriman playing with a knee injury after 4 docs told him no...tell Tom to pull through and get back out there.
I love Football; just no sport like it!

Angie said...

Yeah, that's killer for me. I picked them to win the division.
Love your new look!

Megan said...

Ohhh good pick on # 83!!

Michelle said...

Hahahaha, you are funny. I like your eye candy! Although, I am a CHARGER fan!!! Go Chargers! Those punks lost our first game :(

Should be a fun football season.

Weeksie50 said...

Oh, Yes. He is quite yummy.
I was so sad when that happened to Brady as well. It broke my heart. Ugh. Poor guy.

Becky

sj said...

ugh, horrible news indeed.

and good replacement for ellsbury. yum.mee.

Anonymous said...

My husband is devestated--he was his fantasy quarterback! But the eyecandy is looking mighty fine!

Liz Harrell said...

I agree... there are plenty of fab players on that team. Not that I watch too much football, but I cant help soaking in some knowledge from hearing hubs talk about it all the time. :)

Lump said...

oh goodness that is some eye candy!

love your new blog look. :)

Rick said...

I'm not a Pat's fan, but it's still a shame no matter which team you cheer for. Have you notice how often there is some kind of major injury on the openning day of football each year. I think the guys don't warm up correctly, or something like that.

Sorry.

Anonymous said...

Good job finding that eye candy - he is indeed rather yummy looking :) And I totally agree with you on the Brady thing btw.

Tânia Pinto said...

It sucks when our team gets this kind of things... I have almost given up soccer 'cause of that... When they don't get hurt, they play like sh*t..........

Bee said...

Yep. I'd say you picked a hottie to watch:) The rustic look is always nice.

Lynné said...

thanks for stopping by my page! and umm, i must say, eyecandy is some good stuff!

i don't watch NFL but i definitely knew who Brady was!

take care!

Anonymous said...

Yum-O indeed.

Frugal New England Kitchen said...

Waiving Hi from CT ~ Go Patriots!