Monday, September 1, 2008

Birth Story

Rocks In My Dryer is hosting a Labor Day meme in honor of Labor Day. Her MEME is about the childbirth kind of labor.


How did you know you were in labor?
Me and Adam were sitting around watching the Sopranos and doing word searches. All of a sudden I had this sharp pain that literally made me throw my word puzzles across the room. They kept coming just like that. Being a procrastinator I still hadn't packed for the hospital so I start running around. Finally, I gave up out of pain and told Adam(who was still watching Sopranos) that we needed to go NOWWWW.

How long were you in labor?
The night I was going into labor RI was being hit with a Nor'Easter. We live 30 minutes away from the hospital and it was so windy. Trees were down everywhere. Including our planned route to the hospital. We got a little lost. By the time we made it to the hospital I was 8cm dialated. My labor only ended up being 5 1/2 hours from the time I felt my first contraction at the house until I had gave birth to my little man.

Where did you deliver?
I loved the hospital I gave birth at. I got to have a room that overlooked Newport Bridge and the bay. It was beautiful.

Drugs?
I had planned on having an epidural but I ended up having NOTHING because I was told the epi would slow down my contractions. I figured since I was already 8cm I might as well just go all the way.

Who delivered?

My doctor(we nicknamed him Dr.Low Talker), bless his soul, had to drive in the Nor'Easter. It took him over an hour to get there. At one point I told him I was going to kick him in his head. He put up with a lot from me that night. He is awesome.

Favorite Quotes Of The April 16, 2007:
I added this one but everytime we tell the birth story these quotes always get brought up because they are hilarious

"I am going to kick you in your head if you don't get your finger out of me!!!"
-Me yelling at my doctor

"Dr.Low Talker: Do you want to see your placenta?
Me: Are you freakin' kiddin' me? NOO!"

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't have a clue what was going on when I started having contractions - it just made me feel like I needed to go to the bathroom and then nothing would happen! I did it without an epidural too, so good for you! We kick arse!

Contractions started at 1am, went to the hospital at 10am, had him at 5pm. No storms, just a beautiful sunny day!

My Trendy Tykes said...

LOL! Do you wanna keep the placenta??

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Linda

Rhea said...

Great labor story! It sounded like things went pretty well. I love the two quotes at the bottom. hehe HILARIOUS.

CONNIE said...

I cannot relate but thanks for sharing...

I hope you have a nice labor day! It's gorgeous today, isn't it?

Aunt Julie said...

What a great *meme* and a beautiful photo! I have to say that sometimes I think of giving birth on Labor Day. It just seems so appropriate, doesn't it? BTW, I'm hosting a giveaway that you might be interested in. Drop on by and take a look around!

enthalpymama said...

Nice story! Its nice to have a little storm to add drama. Sitting in the hospital is no fun, anyway.

Bee said...

It is odd you noticed the google thing. I have had an astronomical number of hits today. Kinda makes me nervous. I wonder who it is? My posting Sonny Money had like 50-something views. I work very hard to keep my site private for the most part. I try to be careful about what I write because of my job and stuff.

Little April said...

LOL you are one brave momma, no epideral wow!

KatolinFamily said...

No epidural?! I'm very impressed. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Betsy, short for Elizabeth, formally known as Esther said...

I am so bummed I missed this one! I LOVE a good birth story!!! Thanks for stopping by!

Tânia Pinto said...

The only thing I do remember really well was the first time i saw my little one and crying for the next 15 minutes... It was the most amazing ever! :)

That finger thing... LOL I hated my doctor too! Gage was sooooo beautiful! I can't see babes... Makes me want to have more.... :|

Bee said...

"You need to make sure if you are going to nurse, then all you do is nurse. Otherwise the baby will do just like dad: She'll it the bottle then want to come home and play around with the tits." My doc to me.

Also, "Some women actually have orgasms while their babies nurse." Again, my doc to me. Me back: " I assure you I'm not experiencing this happening."

Also, during my episiotomy things down there weren't quite numb, (I had my daughter natural), so I'm yelling "OOOWWW!" every time the needle goes in, and he yells, "Alright now, you weren't doing that before." Yeah, he was a pig!

sasha said...

really great blog
here is a blog about women health
pregnancy and tubal reversal

http://www.mybabydoc.com/blog/
tubal reversal