Friday, September 5, 2008

Desert Island

I was watching the news this morning and everyday they ask a question and viewers send in their emails. Todays question was absolutely ridiculous to me. It was 'Would you rather be stranded with your pet or your significant other on a desert island?'. That to me seems like a no brainer. Given those options I would obviously pick Adam over BooBoo anyday. They both get on my nerves really bad but atleast one of them can actually talk to me back. I talk way too much to be stranded with someone who can only say bark. Of course, I love Adam, too. We could make tree houses and spear fish. That would be wicked. Anyway, Would you be surprised to know that more than 2/3 of Americans would pick their pet over their significant other?

If I actually got the choice to pick WHOEVER/WHATEVER I wanted to bring to a deserted island my first pick would be Gage given that this island has plenty of food and already built shelter. If it didn't then I would want to leave little man with my mom where he was safe.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

What stupid questions! People on the news make me laugh. It is like when there has been a disaster, or something tragic happened to their family and the reporter says "so, when you were trapped for 36 hours in that mine shaft, knowing that your legs would have to amputated, how did you feel?" Duh! How the frick do you think they felt!

Only weird people would want to be on a desert island with their pet!

Tânia Pinto said...

So you talk too much too? lol but you must admit, having a dog that barks back at you must be kinda funny :)
And yep... It sure surprised me! I guess there are a lot of animal lovers around the US or maybe they don't have a significant other..

Michelle said...

What a silly question and to think that people would pick their pets over their significant other's is CRAZY.

I would pick my Husband because he would do everything. I don't know how to catch fish, make shelter!!!

Heather said...

Also, if there wasn't food, I would want to bring my husband because I'd have more to eat if I got desperate than if I brought my piddly little cat. Pshaw.

Ashley said...

Perhaps two-thirds picked their pet because they don't like their SO? I'd pick Leo. For the simple of act of having sex. Lol.

Lump said...

I might end up killing my significant other though. haha! ;)

Weeksie50 said...

lol- that is to funny! I would definately want someone to talk too..

Anonymous said...

2/3 of people picked their pet?!?! I love my dog but I love my hubby more! Thats just weird to me - thanks for sharing.

sj said...

that is odd.

how can you procreate and build your little swiss family robinson like scenario if you're with a different species?

duh.

and i agree with heather. j is far meatier than bailey.

It's OK to be WEIRD! said...

What's scary is that there are people who would choose their pet! Not me. I'd love to have my sweetie with me anywhere for any period of time.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I think dinner together is super important, too!!

I'm going to include a link here to my blog, since it's not in my public profile:
It's OK to be WEIRD!

Rachel said...

I talk a lot too; I would go insane if I had to be alone with just my bull dog; considering he snores way too much...and my husband doesn't snore.

Dana Clover said...

**giggle**

Michelle said...

LOL--I love your line, "...can only say bark".

There was a time when I would have chosen the pet. Thankfully, that time has passed.

Bee said...

I would definitely choose my spouse! No wonder our divorce rate in America's so high!

Sarah said...

Lol. I don't know if I'd want to be stuck with only my pet. That's what a deployment is, isn't it? Lol.