Saturday, September 6, 2008

Waste Of Time

So I joined EntreCard a couple of days ago. Its kind of addicting to go to sites and 'drop' your card. It feels like I'm in a secret society except that thousands of people use it.

Anyway, one day while I was 'campaigning'(Don't you love this secret society language?) I 'dropped' my card on this one moms site a few times. She is an Army mom and my heart goes out to all Army moms. So tonight I'm looking on my IRL(in real life, in case you don't know) friends blog and she was linked to her. This time though I noticed her blog had her name in it. I couldn't believe it! I actually knew this person that I just randomly started 'dropping' on! Thats a small world, right?

The only problem is this girl sucks majorally at life attempted to start rumors about me, wrote horribly ugly things to me, and wrote mean blogs about me on her myspace. She even made fun of Gage's name when she found out. WTF? I never really did anything to HER. She just didn't know my situation at the time and made false assumptions about what was going in MY life that she just didn't approve of. I didn't really care what she thought about me(we weren't even friends) but I will never get over how cruel and horrible of a person she was to me when it was none of her business to start with and she didn't even know what she was talking about.

Entrecard is really cool and all but I wish there was feature where you could get back your 'drops' because I regret wasting the last few days browsing her blog.

Don't worry guys I don't normally go around bloggin' about other bloggers that bug me but I had to make an exception because I just had like the worst OMGWTF moment.

10 comments:

DhoyM said...

Oh my!!! that doesn't sounds very good. I just started EC few days ago and now my shoulder hurts from dropping too much. LOL

Ashley said...

Please Myspace message with this info! I have an idea of one or two peoples, but I'm not sure?

Tânia Pinto said...

You that makes me wanna laugh... Not from u but from that army mom... Wtf is wrong with these women... Maybe I should call them women 'cause that's not an adults thing to do... It seems that mommy blogs are featuring childish mommy's too! Geez... Why don't people just grow up? ...
I'm really sorry for you but hey, live and let live... Don't think about that :)

Linda S said...

That's weird! She needs a life, obvy...I dropped, and promise it's yours and I won't regret it one bit...you seem very nice...from the one post I read!

Teachinfourth said...

I remember a few lines from "Everybody's Free (to Wear Sunscreen)" which goes thus:

"Don’t waste your time on jealousy; sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes
you’re behind…the race is long, and in the end, it’s only with
yourself.

Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults...if you succeed in doing this, tell me how."

Sometimes one of the best things you can do to get revenge is to kill them with kindness; even though they were cruel, mean, or just flat out to get you. However, let's be honest though, being the more mature person (and trying not to let it bother you) can be hard.

Sorry you had to go through this.

Unknown said...

I'm so addicted to EC! Sorry about your experience!

Thanks for stopping by and entering my Astro Socks giveaway!

Whitney said...

Sounds like she needs something better to do, huh? UGH!

CONNIE said...

That's just too childish of her, Meg! And I like the name "GAGE" very much. Sorry that you had to go through this.

Have a lovely evening!

ListPlanIt said...

I enjoy Entrecard as well. I started out great with it. Unfortunately, I have slowed down on the drops. Maybe now that school has started I'll be able to get back to it. It sure is a small world out there! The cyber world seems especially narrow.

Jen
http://www.ListPlanIt.com

Bramblemoon Farm said...

I too am sorry about your experience. I haven't had a blogger do this type of thing, but have had a couple of forum problems in the past. I have never figured out WHY some people do this, but have learned to ignore them. It's hard though:)