Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Who You Gonna Call?

So 2 weeks ago I signed up for this silly competition at work called 'Cashier Olympics'. I only cashier one day a week at work and the rest of the time I'm usually in the phone center. I didn't think I would be good at this olympics because I'm a little rusty on the ringin'. So I show up(I get paid for doing this!) and only 4 cashiers show up! 20 people had signed up originally so it was little sad but that means I had a better chance at winning.

We had to do little tests to win. I got the highest score on the written test. I twas random questions about cashiering. Then I ran around the store like crazy for a scavenger hunt. Then we had a cart full of things we had to 'return' and put in the right department bins. So with only 4 people I figured I would win. And I did! I won 3rd place. I was really happy because I won $50, too! Then I realized I would have to compete in the District Olympics and my happiness faded away.

The district olympics were on Sunday. The 3 of us that won worked so hard on our float(well they did. I never work!) and we made kick butt costumes. Our results from the districts were I was the only person out of about 30 that got 'Name The Department' game 100% correct. Go me. Our silver medel won the 2nd place in district. She got a sweet turkey fryer(raaaandom!). AND WE WON BEST COSTUMES! Thats it.

Here is a picture.I give you permission to make fun of us. We are proud Ghost Busters.

16 comments:

Megan said...

hahaha.. that is so much fun! I never heard of that type of thing!

Lump said...

what? cashier olympics? how fun is that!!? cute pic!

Anonymous said...

So fun!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! I love the costumes!

Angie said...

Sounds like a good time!

Tânia Pinto said...

cashier olympics :D
lol oh gosh i didn't know you had those.. lol sounds like fun!

Practically Joe said...

I hope you still have that cart made up.
I signed you guys up for Our Salem Halloween Parade.
There'll be lots of ghosts.

Michelle said...

Hahahah, what great fun! Congratulations on your win.

Ashley said...

You can work anything you wear!

Unknown said...

that is so great!! i love it!

Rachel said...

That sounds like fun and you get paid for it...it's like that game show Supermarket Sweep I love that!
And the pic is great!!!

Liz Harrell said...

You guys look SO cute!

Teachinfourth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teachinfourth said...

Meg - Missed you this past month. Hope you're doing well.

Bee said...

Just checking in. Hope all is well.

Grand Pooba said...

LOL very creative! If only Bill Murray would agree to make one more Ghost Buster movie...